"Duke" Konrad began his play for power in late March as the fields were dry enough to bring the 'holy cannon' across to reach the banks of the mighty Brass River and its metalled road.
Huzarzy loyal to Duke Jerzy, spread the news that the Konrad Korpus was on the move, leaving the Owijac-Drewna region; the columns of Konrad had reached the good road along the river by the time Duke Jerzy learned of these developments.
Ogólny Ludwik doubted that the infantry levvies were ready to march, however large numbers of Cavalry, much of it armored and some Dragoons were already battle hardened from thier participation in the recent wars in central Urope. This combined with his own Koronet Korpus, now fully recovered with only a few recruits could easily move on this column, possibly halting Konrad in the marshy regions making it difficult for him to perform any flanking actions.
Thus Ogólny Ludwik led out 500 armored horse, 300 Dragoons and 1200 Infantry along with 2 light field pieces. Duke Jerzy was prepared to follow with some 800 more mixed light horsemen, once they had all assembled from their detached search duties, and 1200 more foot troops along with another light field piece and a medium gun.
The head of the Konrad Korpus marching along the road consisted of 300 mixed light horse, 300 Dragoons and 800 or so infantry and a light field piece; under the command of a very steady mercenary commander from Northern Italy, known to be very loyal to the holy see.